Former football star, Paul Gascoigne charged with sexual assault
Written by Boom Radio on November 20, 2018
Former England footballer, Paul Gascoigne has been charged with the sexual assault of a women, according to the British Transport Police (BTP).
The BTP said the incident occurred on August 20, 2018, on a train in the north of England.
The BTP in a statement said: “A man is due to appear in court next month charged in connection with the sexual assault of a woman on board a train from York to Durham,”
The 51-year-old was notified of the charge; sexual assault by touching by post last week and is due to appear in court on December 11.
Gascoigne has taken to Twitter to deny the allegations.
he said on twitter: “It’s ok I’m just sad about it as I respect all women. I’ve a Mum, 2 sisters, 2 nieces, a daughter so why assault,” .
“Just so pleased that everyone I know they no [sic] it not true.”