Judge Denies Prince Andrew’s Plea To Dismiss Sexual Harassment Case

Written by on January 13, 2022

A court in the united states has denied the Duke of York, Prince Andrew his plea to dismiss a sexual assault lawsuit levelled against him. Due to this development, the case is to proceed to trial according to a court filing.

The presiding New York Judge, Lewis Kaplan said in his ruling that Prince Andrew’s motion to dismiss the civil complaint brought by accuser Virginia Giuffre was “denied in all respects.”

Jeffrey Epstein, a convicted sex offender was accused by Virginia Giuffre for lending her out for sex with his wealthy and powerful associates, including Prince Andrew which the prince has repeatedly and vehemently denied.

Prince Andrew’s lawyers had last week prayed the court to throw out the suit, citing a settlement that Giuffre signed in 2009 with late disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein.

 

 

Duke of York, Prince Andrew
Titanic Belfast, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons

 

Giuffre sued the prince for unspecified damages last year, alleging he sexually assaulted her in 2001 when she was 17 and a minor under US law.

She says Andrew assaulted her at Epstein’s home in New York, and on Epstein’s private island in the US Virgin Islands.

She alleges he also sexually abused her at the London home of Ghislaine Maxwell, who in December was found guilty of sex trafficking minors for Epstein.

The 61-year-old Andrew has not been criminally charged.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dolupo Balogun


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


Boom Radio

louder

Current track

Title

Artist

Background